Friday, June 6, 2008

Repositories and Builds and Tomcat, Oh My

Yesterday I was here for a while trying to get SVN to behave. I found that the "gov/cdc/phgrid/ogsadai/example" path was stuck in the root directory, and since I was trying to create a the same path inside the maven directory structure (under /main/src/java/, I think it was) it refused to add it there. Even after I removed the old gov structure. I was thinking about scouring the old repository, had Brian try a few things, and still hit roadblocks



Then I had the late arriving epiphany to just move the tree, and that worked, and it was good.



Then I gave Anurag a zip of my local repository files, so that he could create a public repository.



I also had a wonderful discussion with Jeremy about a RODS-OGSADAI interface. I had a bit of a paradigm shift, but in the meantime, I have a good idea for what sorts of use cases, test cases, and code I will need to develop. I have also taken up the task of finding out why Tomcat doesn't find the same security credentials that were find for command line operation, as that hurdle will need to be crossed eventually for happy JSP-based items pulling data from the grid.



Cheers, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments: