Friday, August 29, 2008

PHIN Impressions

Pros:
I found the PHIN conference to be a valuable learning experience. I particularly enjoyed visiting the vendors in the exhibit hall and viewing the various Public Health technology solutions.

The session that I enjoyed the most was the Natural Language Processor presentation. The speaker was enthusiastic about the technology and provided insight on real world use cases. It was also nice to understand the technology that we are currently integrating with grid.

Last but not least, I would like to thank the person who came up with the PHIN bag idea. It works great as a laptop bag!

Cons:
I didn’t enjoy the lunch sessions because I had a difficult time hearing the speakers due to the noise level in the room. A separate networking lunch would have been instrumental in reducing the amount of chatter during those sessions.

No comments: