Wednesday, May 28, 2008

More thoughts from the University of Utah (Ron Price)

Also, I meant to mention that for GSI management and implementation I plan on using GAARD and Dorain and the caGrid portal to offload a lot of the overhead of GSI. I plan on having users setup an account (get their certs) by using the caGrid production Dorian so that I don't have to deal with CA issues and user cert management (basically I'm making use of someone else's CA and when we join our grids I think it will just be a matter of putting the caGrid production Dorian public key in /etc/grid_security). I also plan on leveraging the caGrid portal ( the one that can be installed with caGrid) to provide a secure web application for the phGrid project. Lastly I think a person can use GAARDS separately from caGrid and I'm not sure about Dorian. Anyway, just wanted to share that with you and your team and I realize that the paragraph above may be hard to parse so please feel free to give me a call.

No comments: