Friday, April 4, 2008

OGSA-DAI 3.0 is fibrillating

Today I spent the better part reading through the documentation configuration guide, and then reading through the client configuration guide. The end result is I had a small client java program written mostly for me, with a few modifications by me to adjust hostnames and the like.

The program is designed to send a small query out to the OGSA-DAI attached database, and then transform the results and perform a task that would enhance efficiency. The program as written in the documentation assumes a MySQL-based data resourse, so I adjusted the program to use the PostgreSQL-based data resource I had deployed earlier that morning.

When I run it, I get an error. I don't know what is causing the error since it seems to happen in another thread and the cause is cited as "unknown source". I am guessing I either borked the deploy to tomcat/globus, or I am heading to the wrong URL in the program. It's strange because the dai-manager.jsp is telling me the services are there... but when I try to access their WSDL's I get AXIS errors.

At this point I am at a loss for ideas, so I will reach out to some of the OGSA-DAI contacts about some help checking my configuration and start to request more information about how they set up the distributed query application seen running through the link Ken posted yesterday.

Cheers, Peter

No comments: