Thursday, April 3, 2008

OGSA-DAI 3.0 has a heartbeat...

Today I spent most of the morning and a bit of the afternoon finishing the installation (lots of builds) for OGSA-DAI on my main environment. I was hampered a bit by silly things like setting the classpath due to my occasional memory lapses with linux conventions (remember, it's 'source ./setenv.sh'... not just './setenv.sh') I then spent the second part of the day installing OGSA-DAI on another lab node. But they seem to be running well enough between the two nodes.

Tomorrow I expect to read through the documentation for creating clients that use OGSA-DAI, and then I will hopefully run a few across the two machines. I also think there will be some deployment of the OGSA-DAI code to other globus nodes, perhaps some of them on the external phgrid networks.

After that, accessing the client via a JSP and then that goal will have been complete. I imagine the next steps will involve using different databases at different globus nodes and seeing how well the data integrates and showing that we can do it.

The site IT team still hasn't installed ubuntu on my dev box, so that is on hold.

Cheers,
Peter

1 comment: