Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A build Point

I have reached a point where I was able to hand the code for gmap-polygon to Felicia so she could use it to draw polygons for data that her services were returning. Many thanks to Felicia and Brian. Felicia for her patience for all the "oh crap, that's not doing what I thought, sync and try again" moments. Brian for doing some textedit niftiness to turn the KML files into easier to parse flat-files.

Otherwise, I am going to be off on vacation for the next couple of days, and some of them Felicia will still be coding, so I am glad I got a chance to explain the inner workings of the code and that I spent a lot of time trying to make it as agnostic as possible.

Otherwise, that being said, I really need to step up my Javadoc documentation. I'm committing to spending the last hour of each day documenting all my new stuff (and old stuff I forgot to document) and checking it in. That way, people who AREN'T sitting right next to me will have a much easier time figuring out how to do stuff and why I did the things I did the way I did them.

Cheers, and Happy Holidays.

No comments: