Thursday, November 20, 2008

I have polygons, but not all the zips that might be sought out.

I have polygons, and have shown that I can get all the polygons possible showing up in Colorado.... but there is a problem...

The list of zipcodes I have and the list of polygons for the zipcodes I have show some discrepancies... And it all stems from the fact that zipcodes can change. Thus, there are several areas that are blank in my "map of Colorado" because they have to do with zipcodes that might have split recently or were otherwise not in the Geolocation data I have been given.

That doesn't mean that the NPDS doesn't have a few results for them.

Thus, I am in a bit of a quandary. I guess the best thing I can do at this point is have a little table at the bottom of the map that says "zipcode ##### was not in the polygon database." Because even if we changed the polygons to fit with old zipcodes it means that there would have to be polygon overlaps and it would get very confusing.

Otherwise, I imagine poicondai with zipcode capability (at least the ones we have polygons-for) will be ready for testing sometime tomorrow.

No comments: